The OnePlus 10R is the newest entrant in OnePlus’ mid-range R-series. Known as the OnePlus Ace in China, the 10R is essentially the Realme GT Neo 3 but with minor changes.
The OnePlus 10R is based on the MediaTek Dimensity 8100 platform. It features a large 120Hz display and a triple camera system on the back. The phone is also launching in two variants, one with a 5000mAh battery and 80W charger and the other with a 4500mAh battery and 150W charger.
The OnePlus 10R is currently only available in India. With a fairly competitive price of around $509, the 10R starts at a slightly lower price than its predecessor, the OnePlus 9RT. However, the market is fairly competitive at this price range, so we’ll just have to see how the OnePlus 10R fares.
OnePlus 10R specs at a glance:
- Body: 163.3×75.5×8.2mm, 186g; plastic back, plastic frame.
- Display: 6.70″ Fluid AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1080x2412px resolution, 20.1:9 aspect ratio, 394ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 8100-Max (5 nm): Octa-core (4×2.85 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G610 MC6.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 12, OxygenOS 12.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm, 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 15mm, 120˚, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 80W, 1-100% in 32 min (regular version), Fast charging 150W, 1-30% in 3 min, 1-100% in 17 min (150W version).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC.
Unboxing the OnePlus 10R
The OnePlus 10R comes with a fairly standard OnePlus packaging. You get the phone along with a silicone case and a USB-C charging cable. Depending upon which variant you picked up, you will either get an 80W or 160W SuperVOOC fast charger.