To enable the FPS counter on your Xiaomi smartphone:
- Enable Developer Options (press MIUI version 7 times in About this phone).
- Go to Settings then Additional Settings.
- Go to Developer Options.
- Scroll down to the Monitoring section.
- Under Monitoring, press Power monitor.
- Under Frame Rate Monitor Tools, press Start.
The information that appears in real time at the top left of the screen overlaps with the application display. To prevent this from bothering you, you can minimize the window, move it or simply close it. Note that this counter is different from the one offered by Google, which is also in the developer options. The counter also displays other information, such as the temperature of the smartphone or the amount of RAM used.
That’s it for this tutorial to enable the FPS counter feature on your Xiaomi or Redmi smartphone. Did you find it useful? Do you use an FPS counter when you play games on your smartphone?