Genshin Impact continues to expand, with new characters, quests, locations, and more added on a fairly regular basis. While it’s not the most significant update yet, Genshin Impact Update 2.1 provided one of the most unique character additions yet in the form of a crossover event. For a while, players on PS4 and PS5 will be able to acquire Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn. Now, mobile players aren’t missing out either, as Genshin Impact Update 2.2 added this fiery redhead to mobile versions of the game.
If you’re worried you might miss out on nabbing Aloy in one of the best PS5 games available, don’t fret, as we’ve got you covered. Here’s how to unlock Aloy as a playable character.
Genshin Impact How to unlock Aloy as a playable character
Unlocking Aloy is a very simple process. To start, while she was only originally available for players on PlayStation consoles when she first arrived, she’s now available on mobile devices as well. Players will need to already be or achieve Adventure Rank 20 during Update 2.2, which added Aloy to the game on mobile devices. Aloy was previously added for PlayStation platforms during Update 2.1.
When that rank is achieved, you’ll receive Aloy via Genshin Impact’s in-game mail system. It’s that easy! With the addition of Aloy, the list of characters in Genshin Impact reaches 41 unique playable characters.
Genshin Impact Aloy’s skills, talents, and abilities
Aloy is a five-star character deemed the “Savior From Another World.” She wields her Predator Bow with Cryo abilities that reflect her archery skills from her own games, where she’s a fierce archer who’s used to taking on massive threats.
- Prophecies of Dawn: Aloy’s Elemental Burst. She throws a Cryo Power Cell and hits it with an arrow, dealing AoE Cryo damage.
- Frozen Wilds: Aloy’s Elemental Skill. Buffs Aloy and allies, debuffs enemies, and deals Cryo damage by scattering into Chillwater Bomblets. If a Freeze Bomb or Chillwater Bomblet hits an enemy, they are rebuffed, and Aloy gains a Coil Stack, increasing her damage.
- Combat Override: Aloy Talent. Allows the whole party to benefit from increased damage via Coil Stacks.
- Rushing Ice: An effect Aloy gains upon getting four Coil Stacks. Converts Normal Attack damage into Cryo damage
- Strong Strike: Aloy Passive Talent. Constantly increases her Cryo damage bonus.
Aloy’s attack is also increased by 66 when using her Predator Bow. This bow also grants Aloy increased Normal and Charged attack damage by 10% for 6 seconds whenever she inflicts Cryo damage. For a look at some of these abilities in action, you can check out the character demo for Aloy below:
Outside of Genshin Impact and the world of Teyvat, Aloy’s next mainline adventure is coming in the form of Horizon Forbidden West. While it was initially scheduled to launch in the 2021 holiday range, it’s delayed for further polishing, plus the ongoing pandemic. It’s now slated for a Feb. 18, 2022 release date on PS4 and PS5.