Be gone, weird iOS 14 bug. For here comes the iOS 14.0.1 update!
“Fixes an issue that could cause default browser and mail settings to reset after restarting your iPhone,” says the iOS 14.0.1 update changelog. The iOS 14 bug apparently irked iPad users as well, but Apple has solved it on its tablet platform too with the iPadOS 14.0.1 update. Here’s the entire changelog of iOS 14.0.1 update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause default browser and mail settings to reset after restarting your iPhone
- Addresses an issue that could prevent camera previews from displaying on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Fixes an issue that could prevent your iPhone from connecting to Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that could prevent sending email with some mail providers
- Addresses an issue that could prevent images from appearing in the News widget
iOS 14 introduces one of the biggest redesigns for Apple’s mobile operating system. It adds customizable widgets that can be placed on the home screen. The new App Gallery feature automatically organizes apps into categories depending on their utility, while Siri and incoming call notifications now have a smaller, less intrusive interface. Users can also pin important conversations at the top, while Search and Maps have also received some meaningful upgrades.