Apple hasn’t made any other adjustments to the iPhone SE in terms of price, so you’re still looking at $399 for the 64GB model and $449 for the 128GB model. The removal of the 256GB option was first spotted by the folks at iPhone Ticker. The 256GB iPhone SE had previously been available for $549.
In an ideal world, what Apple would have done here is make the 128GB iPhone SE the base configuration at $399, and retain the 256GB model at $449. Sadly, that is not what happened, with Apple instead just discontinuing the top-tier storage option altogether.
There are rumors of a new iPhone SE coming in 2022, so this could be an instance of Apple ramping down production and shifting its efforts to the so-called iPhone SE 3.
As a refresher, here’s what the full iPhone lineup looks like today, following the introduction of the iPhone 13 this week:
- iPhone SE: Starts at $399
- iPhone 11: Starts at $499 (down from $599)
- iPhone 12 mini: Starts at $599 (down from $699)
- iPhone 12: Starts at $699 (down from $799)
- iPhone 13 mini: Starts at $699
- iPhone 13: Starts at $799
- iPhone 13 Pro: Starts at $999
- iPhone 13 Pro Max: Starts at $1,099
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.