Last Updated on December 29, 2020 by uzma
Those who have been using Snapchat since its launch would know some tricks about it as well. One such trick is to record a Snapchat video and then reverse it. When a user records a video, they can activate the reverse filter. This filter is available, even when there is no intern connection. When the user applies this filter, then they can make any video play backward.
How to Reverse a Video?
Follow the steps below to make this happen:
- Open the Snapchat app, switch to the camera screen and make a video by holding onto the shutter button
- When the video is done, then swipe and find the reverse filter effect; you can swipe left and easily find the filter
- There will be three arrows on the filter, pointing to the left side
- You can share the reverse video with others, and even download it using the downward arrow icon
- If you want, adding more filters is also possible; just tap the icon on the right-hand side, which is in the shape of three stacked squares
Some users do face a problem when they try to apply the reverse a video feature on videos that are longer than 10 seconds. When videos are longer than 10 seconds, then the Snapchat reverse filter might not appear. To solve this problem, you can crop the main part of a longer video and then reverse it.
Screenshot On Snapchat Without Them Knowing
When Snapchat was first introduced, its attraction was that the users were able to send pictures and knew that it would expire after some time. For example, when they added a video to their story, they knew it had an expiry time. However, once you send something digitally, it is most likely never gone for good. There are ways to screenshot videos and pictures, whether it is Snapchat or any other medium.
Even though Snapchat took action against the ability to take screenshots, like third-party apps, there is still a way through which people can take a screenshot.
If you are using Snapchat on your iPhone, then you have to add the Screen record option to the Control Panel, before taking screenshots. To access this feature, simply follow the steps below:
- Open Settings, Control Center and then choose Customize Control
- There would be a list of functions that the smartphone can perform
- In these functions, there is a red circular button ‘Screen Recording’
- Tap the green cross next to it, and it will be added to the control center’s roster
- There are two concentric circles as an icon; tap that, then activate the screen recording process
Now, you can take screenshots of whatever your screen records.
If you have an Android phone, then there are many screen recording apps that they can download from the Play Store. However, there is a built-in feature in Android of screenshots as well. When you pull on the top of the phone, a control panel will open. Based on the settings of the button, you will see the option of Screen Recorder; whenever you want to take screenshots, just turn on that screen recorder.
However, even if you don’t have this built-in feature on your Android phone, you can still easily take screenshots by downloading apps.
Things that Don’t Work
Snapchat knew that people were trying to take screenshots of videos, and they tried everything to stop that. For example, if you have the airplane mode on and Wi-Fi off, you still won’t be able to take a screenshot. Similarly, if you open Snapchat and turn the Airplane Mode on, the chances of taking a screenshot are close to none.
Without Notifying Anyone
If you don’t want anyone to know that you are taking a screenshot, then consider the steps below:
- Open the add, and go to snap, but don’t open it
- The snap that someone else has sent you, would still say ‘New Snap’
- Make sure that the app is running in the background; switch on Airplane Mode
- Now go to the snap that you want to screenshot, and take a screenshot; don’t switch off the airplane mode
- Go back to your profile icon, and tap on Settings
- The first tap on Clear cache, then in ‘Account Actions’ click on ‘Clear All’